- Duration: 1.5 hours
- Location: 900 E Blue Heron Blvd
- Booking Tip: Book over the phone with a friendly agent & save!
- Great for Small Groups! Larger groups can be accommodated with notice.
- Min Age: 8 years old and able to swim
- > Book Over the Phone with an Agent & Save!
- Person Ages 8+
Join us for our snorkel tour of the magnificent Blue Heron Bridge
Experienced dive instructors, Keke & Farrell, will guide you on a tour of the world-famous snorkel trail, located under the Blue Heron Bridge just south of Phil Foster Park’s beach. The reef area is approximately 200 feet from shore and remains protected from boat traffic, so the water is entered from the shore. The site is accessible for every level, ranging in depth from six to 10 feet. The site’s inland location is protected by barrier islands, creating a calm, nursery like environment. Popular for even advanced SCUBA divers but perfect for beginners, the trail is a true gem that is teeming with colorful sea life.
Guests must be at least 8 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and comfort in the water. No prior experience snorkeling is required.
Why We Love This Tour:
- Accessible for every skill level
- Easy beach entry shore dive (no boat needed)
- Incredible biodiversity- Spot parrotfish, spade fish, angel fish, sting rays, octopus & much more!
- World famous snorkel trail
- Enjoy the peacefulness of the underwater world and the wellness benefits that come with it
- Purchase a photo pack for high quality images/videos to share with friends and family!
Our Inspiration for this Tour
As diving instructors, nothing brings them more joy than seeing big smiles on the faces of first-time divers, fascinated by the underwater world. They want to spread this feeling of love and appreciation for the ocean, so they looked to create a similar experience that was accessible for people of all different backgrounds and experience levels and didn’t require the time/investment as a certification course. In the Summer of 2019 they were passed along a book called Blue Mind: The Surprising Science That Shows How Being Near, In, On, or Under Water Can Make You Happier, Healthier, More Connected, and Better at What You Do. They immediately connected with the message of the book and looked for ways to share the “Blue Mind” experience with others. Shortly after, both decided to offer guided snorkel tours at one of their favorite dive sites- the Blue Heron Bridge. Today, snorkel tours remain one of Keke & Farrells most popular excursions, and one of their favorites to offer.
How this Tour is Different From Your Typical Snorkel Tour:
Keke & Farrell small business of two, so they assure that their customers will receive their utmost attention and respect. As ocean lovers, the last thing they want is for guests to have a bad experience that turns them off from revisiting the sea. They specialize in small group environments where safety and satisfaction are prioritized. Their tours are capped at 8 guests and use a white sandy beach to enter the water, so you won’t have to worry about jamming onto a crowded boat!
Additionally, as Freediving instructors, they have a different perspective on snorkeling (believe it or not, snorkeling is a form of Freediving!) Both believe deeply in the health benefits (both physical and mental) associated with snorkeling/freediving and incorporate elements of Freediving (such as breathing and equalization) into their snorkel tours for any guests who are interested in taking their skills to the next level!
What to expect
Plan to arrive a few minutes early as parking can reach capacity near peak times. Upon arrival, a brief introduction and overview will be held, guests will be fitted for snorkel gear and oriented with the layouts of the reef. Your snorkel guide(s) will join you and point out tropical fish, coral formations, turtles, stingrays, seahorses and maybe even a fascinating octopus.
- $15 for rental snorkel gear (mask, snorkel and fins). Guests are welcome to bring their own snorkel gear.
- $20 wetsuit rental
- $25 for photo pack (guest will receive 20 or more high quality images and videos from tour)